1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Compressor settings?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mike M., Apr 10, 2010.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Tomorrow, a friend is going to let me borrow his Alesis Nano Compressor until I can decide on what to buy. While it works it's just one of those things he picked up a while ago but never used and there's no manual with it.

Generally speaking (and since the unit has no foot switch) what would be a good setting for songs that have moments of slapping in them?

The controls on the unit are; Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Output. There are also two switches, one for Hard Knee/Soft Knee and one for Peak/RMS.

Compressors are new to me and I'm finding out that I need one. So any suggestions on a good starting point for the settings would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time. Have a great weekend.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hi, check out the FAQ linked in my sig to learn about those controls and settings. :)