1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

compressor settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Squice, Mar 7, 2003.

1. just bought a little rack yesterday, wich includes Ashdown ABM 500rc EVO head and behringer Autocom pro mdx 1400 compressor/limiter. I used to own trace combo with built in compressor wich just has two buttons, and the behringer does have little more buttons to play with, so i was just wandering if any of you could give me they´r settings and then what kinda music you play, I really like the sound of the ashdown head so i just want the compressor to do its **** without adding to much character to the sound, i play mostly fingerstyle and play allkinds of music and also play funk/slapping. so the point is i have no knowledge about the compressor and how to use it right, so if anyof u could give my some info/pointer about how to use it right and if u have the same compressor then detailed info about your settings and and for what kind of music u use that setting...

I hope u won´t be too confused reading this.. :)

My best regard....