Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

compressor settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Squice, Mar 7, 2003.

1. just bought a little rack yesterday, wich includes Ashdown ABM 500rc EVO head and behringer Autocom pro mdx 1400 compressor/limiter. I used to own trace combo with built in compressor wich just has two buttons, and the behringer does have little more buttons to play with, so i was just wandering if any of you could give me they´r settings and then what kinda music you play, I really like the sound of the ashdown head so i just want the compressor to do its **** without adding to much character to the sound, i play mostly fingerstyle and play allkinds of music and also play funk/slapping. so the point is i have no knowledge about the compressor and how to use it right, so if anyof u could give my some info/pointer about how to use it right and if u have the same compressor then detailed info about your settings and and for what kind of music u use that setting...

I hope u won´t be too confused reading this.. :)

My best regard....