Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CompROsser? Juicer? or Bi-COMP?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by turnuptheBASS, Feb 22, 2006.

1. turnuptheBASS

turnuptheBASS

Jan 30, 2005
    So. CA.
    Looking for a hard, in your face, THUMP type of compression. Which one of these will do the trick? Any suggestions or advice or feelings about these or any other ones?:smug:

If I go the Bi-Comp route then I will probabaly end up getting the "Mini" instead because of the long wait.

I did a search but couldnt find a whole lot...so I am asking anyone who has had experience with any of these pedals

Thanks for your help:D

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    IME and IMO neither the Ross clone nor the Armstrong clone do an "in your face THUMP" very well. The Ross is best at adding sustain, while the Juicer gives a squishy mwah. I get awesome thump from my Ibanez UE303B, but I'm not sure what current-production pedal does the trick best. Have you read through all of the reviews in the comp reviews thread?

3. turnuptheBASS

turnuptheBASS

Jan 30, 2005
    So. CA.
    workin on that right now...its pretty loooong:eek:

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I use a Boss CS-3 for thumpy-squish (with a Bass Exciter after it for the even-fuller-effect!). It's not on your list, but they're certainly easy-enough to test-out; just about every music store in the world has one in stock.

Joe