Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Computer ----> Amp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Jul 2, 2001.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    does anybody does this?

1.-turn on your PC
    2.-get a guitar cable
    3.-use a 1/8 adapter to make it 1/4 and be able to connect one end of the guitar cable on the PC´s LINE OUT.
    4.-connect the other plug of the guitar cable into your BASS AMP.
    5.-Turn on the bass amp.
    6.-Put any MP3 or cd
    7.-adjust amp settings
    8.-ENJOY FULL BASS ON EVERY SONG :)

It´s pretty cool!
    i like to mix all my cables, one day this came around...

i recomend:
    Led Zeppelin - Lemon Song (at full BASS on amp)

the bass solo will knock you down!

this is the cheap way to hear great bass on recordings (unless you buy a great sound system :))

this tip is very usefull for people trying to hear the bass on some songs, you can boost it as much as you want and eliminate the highs.

hope someone enjoy this little tip

Dave :)

2. Very interesting. :) I'll hafta try it

3. That is exactly what I use my old TKO 115 for. That and a vocal amp for practice.

I'll just plug the bass into the low input. Learned many songs this way. Because you can hear/feel the beat frequency coming from the same source.

If you really want to learn the tricky way, get a Pandora. Plug the music source into the pandora, slow down the song and learn along to it.

Makes learning that damn Stu Hamm stuff much easier.

Damn you Stu.

4. that sounds like absolute sh#t !!

In my band we use my notebook for some funky cyber-effects.. i plugged it into my bassamp, but it sucked ass..

it's plugged into the PA now, and it sounds sweet

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sort of, I bought a nice receiver and used old bass cabs as subwoofers. That works well too.

6. That sounds like an awful lot of work just to hear the bass. I bought myself some $40 Altec subwoofer speaker system, and the bass is amazing!

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    again...
    it´s for the real poor people like me :D

8. Where can one buy a 1/4 to 1/8" converter thing?

9. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    N.H., Radio Shack has them.

Pkr2

10. Thats what i do except i run to my processors then to a direct box to make the transition from 1\4 to 1\8 and it works fine, i also use the effects my soundblaster platinum offers.