1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

computer drum machine.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by vindy500, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Is there any drum machines which i can download which i can program with my keyboard. i.e instead of like in hydrogen where you put the kick on 1 and 3 where you can tap a letter on the keyboard like a real drum machine?

2. Hydrogen has that feature.

3. how?

4. Click the little red circle between the "play new notes" button and the "quantize" button. When you start it playing you'll be able to use the keyboard to enter notes. Instructions are in the manual, along with a list of which key does what.

5. hmm yes i found it, but i can only put in one of each drum, its a little screwy. i.e one bass one snare...

6. I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure it's not the intended behavior. Do you mean that you can't enter notes for more than one drum simultaneously, or do you mean that you can only enter one note for each drum?

All I can suggest is to make sure that you've got the latest version installed, because it works fine for me.

7. like only one of each drum in each sample. i.e i could make a sample like kick snare cowbell, but not kick snare kick. but its ok now, i figured out how to divide the sample into smaller pieces so i can get my strange timing stuff in :)