1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Computer dudes...an A/V question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave, Aug 13, 2007.

1. What is most typical source of your audio being out of sync? Even when playing a mp3, it lags when I play/pause or w/e. This has cause all video and audio to be out of sync as well. Ive tried rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling my codecs as thats worked before, but not this time. :confused:

2. ape

ape

Jul 26, 2007
    Beaverton, OR
    What OS are you running on?

Many things can affect the audio output:

quality of sound card
    configuration of sound card
    speed of machine
    other running processes
    resources shared with other hardware
    application being used to play media file

What types of files are you playing that the audo/video becomes out of sync? What applications are you using that this occurs with?

--ape--

3. This is with anything that has audio or video in any application (itunes, windows media player, firefox on youtube, you name it). The soundcard is one of those Creative laptop sound card (its a fairly nice one ~ $100). There is no issues with the computer as far as the processor being loaded down. This computer can run itunes, paint shop pro, firefox and a few other programs at the same time without a hiccup, so I know its not the computer itself. The processor is not working any harder than what it used to when running programs.

Its just that for some reason all audio is lagging by a good second or two. Very annoying.

4. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Have you tried uninstalling the sound card and rebooting and letting the drivers reload? That has worked for me in the past.

5. I tried that earlier and it worked. I guess Ill try to reinstall the soundcard later. I would really hate for this card to be messed up...it sounds so much better than the onboard sound on this thing.