Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

computer effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Torvus, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Torvus

Torvus

Feb 18, 2006
    slovakia
    do you now any bass effects programs for coputer?(i mean that you just plug in your bass to microphone plug)
    i have tried guitar rig 2 but it sounds weard.
    guiatr fx box & revalver are good but i need some presets got any?
    and does somebody know of any other?
    am also looking for vocoder and shinthetize computer effects....
    plese:help:

2. Skit1

Skit1 Guest

Jul 2, 2004
    England
    I record with Adobe Audition and thats got a ton of built in effects to use.

Trouble is you can only add them to the track AFTER recording.

3. i have a copy of bass player and theres a guy talking about a program there thats made for bass ill look for it tonight

4. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
  5. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    yer guitar rig was really bad on my computer, like it would lag and sound distorded. Although i only used the demo version

6. Torvus

Torvus

Feb 18, 2006
    slovakia
    yes gutar rig is bad i think because they want us to buy their rig control hardware:meh:

7. what about GuitarFX?

http://guitarfx.net/

also, what kind of computer are you running?
    that may be a factor in your problems with the ones you've tried already

8. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Native Instruments software is pretty CPU intensive, so if you dont have a pretty strong computer you will get those clippings. it also helps to have a pretty good soundcard.

i just wanted to offer that little tad bit of info because i think their software is pretty good but you do need the right hardware for it.

search the internet for free VSTs, that should get you going if you have a program that supports them. for example, you could use these:
    http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

also i think there is a simple and free version of Amplitube, you might look into that.

9. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i use Logic Express and Ableton Live for recording/practicing. Those programs have some great plugins in addition to the hundreds of free AU/VST plugins out there).

10. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    I have no problems running Guitar Rig after i installed ASIO4ALL sound drivers. No lags, no strange distortion. And I'm running it on PIII 700 and cheap Yamaha soundcard).

11. Torvus

Torvus

Feb 18, 2006
    slovakia
    yes it works thanx:)