Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

computer equiptment

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jaworski, Sep 8, 2002.

1. jaworski

jaworski

Aug 18, 2002
    sorry if you've heard this before but there's a few things i need to know about

1. i don't have a mic on my computer can i still record onto my computer? ive heard ill have to plug directly into the soundcard, does this sound right?

2. are there any good free programs that i can download off the internet that would allow me to record from my bass to computer, just a simple program nothing complex

thanks for any responses

2. 1. On the back of your comp you'll see a mic input. get an adaptor and you'll be able to plug your bass straight into the comp. It wont sound great but you'll be able to record.

2. I dunno. maybe try a search on www.download.com I'm sure there's something out there

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Yep - I've just been finding this out over the weekend!

Anyway, you need to get a headphone type adapter that will take a 6 mm (the size of the jakc on your lead) down to a 3,5mm -the size of the socket on your sound card! Then plug it into the mic, or line in. You'll need to check out the accessories on your desktop (what OS you using ??? win 95, win 98?) There may be a sound recorder in it!

Hope this helps!