Computer game thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ESP Eden, Jul 24, 2004.

1. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    Anyone else play computer games? I've been addicted to diablo II for about a month now. Other games installed on my computer are : Age of empires I and II, 1602 AD, sim city 2000 and 3000, GTA I, and Civilization II and III. Lets hear some other cool computer games, or any other games I guess. Monopoly?
  2. Still a CounterStrike junkie myself
  3. I haven't played many lately, but...
    Neverwinter Nights :)

Gothic (I&II) hard (you start too weak to kill a farmers wife ) but really good in my opinion :smug:

WarCraft :)

Dungeaon Siege II when it comes out (the first one was good, second looks great) :cool:

Sacred-had some good ideas but too nonlinear-but there is a battle mage and not a weak "wizard" that can not survive any battle due to their limited amount of spells+lack of fighting ability :meh:

Have fun.
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I have not been able to stop playing Midnight Club 2, even though I recently got Ninja Gaiden. I want to beat this thing before Gran Turismo 4 come out.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    When I was younger I was a big gamer, then I grew out of it for a couple years, but in the past few months I've started to get back into gaming some more.

When I returned home from boston for the summer, I was surprised to learn that a group of my friends were all of a sudden totally addicted to Warcraft 3. So, naturally, we started playing LAN games all the time, having little tournaments and 1v1s and stuff. That's been fun.

Other than that, the other game that has constantly been fun for me is Savage, this game is like Warcraft except you play as a grunt! how cool is that! You play in servers with upto 64 people at a time, 1 person on each team plays as the 'commander' they see the game just like any ol' RTS, but everyone else sees the game in an over-the-shoulder 3rd person, with first person view for ranged weaponry. There are about 200 people active in the games community, which is neat too, because you get to know everyone pretty quickly. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played.
  6. Oh, and I bought City Of Heroes, but realized 15 bucks a month to play is NOT worth it, and thats not a good enough excuse to return a game, according to best buy :mad:
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    You should have said that your copy didn't work, probably due to someone pirating that CD key or something.

I dunno, that could have worked, they might have just traded you a different copy though.

8. Yeah, they said they only cover giving you another copy of the game, assuming it is defective. Even my cousin who works there couldn't get me my cash back. Oh well, I bought it using a gift card I won from school anyways.

Not that I can play it right now anyway, windows corrupted itself on my machine, so i need to reinstall it. Using this cheapo pc makes me sad. :(
  9. City of Heros

Using ventrilo for the Comm w/ friends. It's a very seriously cool game. Great concept, amazing execution.

It is worth the $15 if you have a group of friends that you play with.
  10. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I played Diablo 2: LOD for about a month and a half nonstop about 5 or 6 months ago. It got boring when I had 6 chars above lvl 80 and all kinds of runeword super armor and super weapons and super charms.

I played everything when I was a kid too, Playstation was my friend. :p

I don't play much now though.
  11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

-Madden 2004, and i will get 2005 when it comes out.
    -SimCity 4 RushHour, i built a pretty huge city of like 3.2 million ppl.
    -Age of Empires II-The Conquerors, but i haven't played in a long time and im too lazy to uninstall it.
  12. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Was playing Star Wars Galaxies when it first came out. Had a blast with it, but like all MMORPGs, it's a bit too addictive. When you find yourself more concerned about your ingame responsibilities than your RL responsibilities, you know it's time to quit.

I play Free Lancer when I'm bored, have nothing to take care of, and don't feel like practicing my it doesn't happen real often ;)
  13. When it was still in open beta, I had a blast with The Saga of Ryzom, but I doubt I'll actually buy it and pay that $15/month for it. It had a few things that were intriguing, but a lot of it seemed just like any other MMORPG with power hunters who care nothing for plot, quests, exploration, and everything else that's supposed to make an RPG an RPG.

Otherwise it's occasionally WarCraft III and BattleField 1942 for me on my PC. I need to get a few more games for my GameCube, too. :p
  14. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    The Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind is what I've been obsessing over lately, not much to say opther than it's an AMAZING game, despite the weak combat.
  15. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    At the risk of sounding like a nerdy "MMORPG" guy, I couldn't agree more. You know there are online companies who will Level your characters up for you while you are at work and asleep? So how is it a game anymore?
  16. I LOVE that game. I'm actually playing through it right now on my xbox. I bought it about two years ago and I decided finally to take a second pass at it. Such a long game. I love the idea that there are books in the game you can read. Some of that stuff is really friggin cool. Amazing story, too.
  17. Recently i have been playing:

NBA Live 2003
    GTA: III
    GTA: Vice City
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
    And always have AOE2 and counterstrike on the computer to play
  18. Ducksual

May 19, 2003
    Yeah, I've been playing a lot of GTA III aswell.

Quite a way into the Shadows of Undrentide expansion for neverwinter nights. It would be fun to have a multiplayer party to play one of the campaigns on that.

Used to play loads of Diablo 2 but kind of got bored with it and haven't played it in ages.
  19. I'm at a LAN party right now..good times. Playing some WC3, CS, UT2k4. Back to the games ^_^

My main game is MoH:AA btw, can't get enough of it. the clan I'm in, .:SE:.
  20. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    GTA III and VC
    American McGee's Alice (amazing art direction!)
    Grim Fandango (more amazing art direction)
    Fallout 2 (
    Various ROMS (pirate style, be-atch)
    Baulders Gate II
    Deus Ex (too bad my copy got fragged)

That's it off the top of my head. I really just sort of play video games to turn my forebrain off while I'm thinking, which is why open ended games like GTA and (on console) the Tony Hawk and Dave Mirra games are my favorites. When I need to get my thinkin's moving, I use video games to keep my handy busy, and the ADD part of my brain from getting off track.
    THPS philosophising, if you will.
    Though I have lost many, many hours to Fallout 2 and I'm just sort of getting around to Morrowind now.