Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Computer help, fixing song tags, error?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Tryin to fix some tags but when i go to click okay, i get an error saying the files are already in use. I am not playing them in WMP or anything, infact i even rebooted comptuer and dont have anything open.

What could be causing the conflict?

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    What are you using to fix the tags? Are there any applications that are displaying the statistics of the file? That's one of the reasons I've found that things like that happens, a lot with photos, when you have the thumbnail view on in Explorer, you can't open a file while Windows is trying to build it's thumbnail. Something could be doing the same thing. Is I-Tunes or anything running down by the clock time?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i chcked itunes,and ive tried using a few different programs to do the tags

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    That's an odd one. Does it only happen with one, or does it happen with all of your mp3s? I always just use winamp to do my ID3s, you might want to look into that. At the moment, I can't think of what else it may be. hmm...

-Ray

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    just a couple cds

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Wait, are the songs already on your computer, or are you trying to do the IDE3s with the CD in the drive? If this is so, explorer is accessing the CD, and hence it wont let you write to them If this is the case, put the songs on your computer, then write the tags.

-Ray

7. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
  8. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    If you have XP you can edit ID3 tags from the File Properties dialog. One of the more useful fluff features in XP.