Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Computer Help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen S, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    My computer seems to be completly screwed. It all started When the "My Computer" icon disapeared from the desktop and the start menu. Then, when I got it back, it would search for hours and never come up with anything when I would try to view the contents of "My Computer". So I transferred all of my files to another comp and decided to reboot it and start from scratch. So I uninstalled windows XP and put in my HP disc and it wouldn't run past a certain point, and now I can't start windows at all and at one point it said I was missing something called System32 I think. When I try to install windows it gets to a certain point and just freezes on me. Any suggestions? Anything that can keep me out of a comp repair shop would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sounds like you got a virus that wasted the System32 file...Did you reformat it when you put in the disk, or did you just uninstall it? If you reformat it should delete all of windows and shouldn't give you an error saying your missing the file, unless of course, your disk is messed up and it can't read the System32 file on it, which happened to me, but with my BattleField1942 Disk 2 that always worked till one day (and looks fine:confused: )