Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Computer help...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Ok, so I put in a DVD into my DVDRom drive and it starts playing...but no sound. I think to myself "Oh, well the audio cable going from my DVDRom Drive to the MoBo (I got onboard audio) is just loose." Well, I open up my computer and check, nope - Plugged in all the way and I even made sure it was all in there snugly. So I turn the computer back on, try it again and still no sound, but video. I then try another DVD and it works perfectly fine, try a couple others, perfectly fine, try the one that wouldn't give any audio again, no luck still.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Peace,
    Tyler

2. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Your DVD is messed up, get a new one. OR just pretend you can hear what is going on.. much cheaper.

3. Thing is, it works in the DVD player in the living room and in the xbox.

4. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    ahhhh, you did not say that...then yeah, I have no idea. sorry.. :(

5. Sorry I forgot to mention that...

6. Bumpskidoodle...anyone?

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    heh i saw 101 and 237 on map... though you were close by so i can see it myself if u want... but i zoom out... ur far...:/ have u tryed installing diffrent software? what do you use for dvd player on ur pc? windvd? powerdvd? I ma try to figure out tomorow at school:p let u know later:]

Cheers

8. I've actually only tried using Windows Media Player and RealPlayer because the drive only came with software to create DVDs. I'm just finding it really odd how it has audio on all my DVDs but one.

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Can you change the audio channel in the DVD menue?

Try that.

Get Windvd www.intervideo.com maybe there's an audio codec/filter missing on your computer.

10. You nailed it JMX. I never thought to do that. It works now though! Thanks.

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    If you want i can give u power dvd u can try it with that... its not warez... its legal version if mods care... i just used to put togehter tons of PCs and alot of times soft that came with drivers stayed with me because customer wanted something diffrnet... so i can let u dload it and give u real SN that i dont need... its not stealing:] i paid for it:p well customer did:p

Cheers

12. It's cool man, I got it all working now, and besides, I hate messing around with new programs :meh:

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    sweet:] what was it? btw pdvd and all is easy and cool:]

14. Just the audio selection.

15. what movie was it? maybe that DVD player just didnt want to hear all the crap they were talking about...but then JMX convinced it that it accually has a plot past the first 5 minutes of hell.

16. LoL. It was the Mudvayne DVD from Summer Sanitarium Tour.