Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Computer help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Mar 16, 2003.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I've got alot of crap on my computer right now... as far as spyware stuff goes. Someone on here sent me to a website that loaded a plugin. I have www.talkbass.com set as my homepage and now everytime i open my browser it opens it up with http://tefs.com/passthrough/talkbass or something like that. plus it puts some bar down at the bottom of my screen. HELP ME GET RID OF IT!!! It wont let me block tefs.com through my browser... i cant figure it out. help please!

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Did you check Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel for anything that relates to "tefs.com?" Most plug-ins can be removed from there. If that works, make sure that before you open IE with a live connection, go to the Internet Options section of the Control Panel. When you get there make sure the home page listed is "www.talkbass.com" and not "tefs.com/passthrough/talkbass"

All of the above is assuming you are using an IBM based system with IE.

3. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I'm starting to think that tefs is linked up w/ www.lop.com i'm not sure. But i think that the two have soemthing to do w/ each other.

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Any luck with either .com in Add/Remove programs?

5. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Adaware didn't work. I've had it and i cant get it out. When i went to add/remove programs, i found an uninstall for LOP, but i couldn't find the actual program... i thought about deleting that.... but then i thought again.

6. while this would only get you possibly around the problem and not actually dealing with it, you could try downloading a new web browser, such as mozilla, netscape, opera, etc...

If all else fails, you could back up the files you need and format your hard drive and reinstall everything.