1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Computer music into stereo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by buldog5151bass, Dec 19, 2017.

1. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I have decent powered computer speakers, but now have my old stereo in my office. I want to plug the computer into the receiver for better sound. I assume I can get a stereo mini to RCA cord, and run it from the speaker out on the computer to the aux in on the receiver? Many thanks.

2. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
  3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Thanks.

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

your plan is the simplest/easiest/best way...and the most common!

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yes! I run a 1/8" to RCA stereo cable to my office stereo and it sounds great! I bought an older Sony surround sound system with a sub. Instead of running the four cube speakers in surround I run two on the right and two on the left in stereo about three feet from each side of my head when seated at the desk at ear level facing inward. I put the sub inside a 24"×24"×24" shelf which "tuned" it a little lower. It sounds incredible in there.

I pretty much have an entire building to myself. So I can let it eat in there. :bassist:

6. That is what to do.
    Though I run mine through the "Tape" input, it makes me feel better pushing the "Tape" button. :cool: