Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Computer problems. (^%#@#!@!!!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Today I got a new monitor, since my old one crashed.

It's an Envision 19 inch flat screen.

Earlier today, I logged into my profile on this computer and tried to play counter strike (through steam) and the object failed and gave me this blue screen.

"Windows

A fatal exception 00 has occured at 0028:C023DB7F in VXD VDD (09) + 00001803."

And now everytime I try to get into CS or into my profile on the computer, this error page comes up.

So how do I go about fixing any of this, and at least getting onto my own profile on this computer?

I really need as much help as possible, as soon as possible.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    did you install drivers for monitor?

3. It didn't come with a disc of any kind, and yes I re-installed my graphics card drivers.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What video card are you using? Do you have the same problem with other games?

My first suggestion would be to roll back the video drivers, and make sure your DirectX is updated.

You'll need to reboot in safe mode to do this.

-Mike

5. nvidia GEForce 5200 FX

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    geforce card?

if so, some of those drivers are just bad

7. Which ones?

And I have directX 9 too.

8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
  9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm sorry, nvidia drivers (have read that nvidia drivers can be fussy)

not trying to dog nvidia, but my laptop has nvidia and i love it and i'm curious.

have you tried putting the actual error code on Google? you will get some decent info...

best wishes
    :)

10. Tried it, no change.

I will give that a try.

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    what he said :D

12. Okay, I have sent Envision an e-mail troubleshoot.

But I have installed the Envision drivers, reinstalled the GeForce drivers, and have poked and prodded everything I can think of to get this working.

Hopefully they can help me, or I can find what driver is acting up, so I may step on it.

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    also, don't be surprised if this only happens with certain games or apps

i had a similar problem with my desktop a few years ago, it was a bummer

14. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    I know somebody that got some kind of virus and it made her screen just turn blue. The guy that she took it to, to repair ti called it "the blue screen of death" cuz it crashed her hard drive.

15. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is the actual technical term for this type of error, believe it or not.

16. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I've encountered a similar thing when I played Afrika Corps vs Desert Rats... I got a similar error message with some reference to some video files (it said which file, for which I did a search on the PC and saw it was related to the graphics/video driver). I updated the drivers, and it worked fine for me... However, if you did update all the drivers, then I'm :confused:

17. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Try reinstalling the game, I had trouble with UT2004 for a bit, after switching graphics cards and monitors, and I reinstalled it a it decided to work.

If that doesn't work...here's 6 steps to solving your problem...

1) Download Linux Debian ISOs
    2) burn to CDs
    3) place CD 1 into CD-ROM
    4) reboot computer
    5) go through install
    6) you're done, enjoy.

Ray

18. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    If your running windows xp home or professional you can use the system restore and restore your computer to a configuration prior to your problems. Maybe try one from a week or two ago. You can find all the info you'll need to know about system restore by using the windows help files.

Good luck.

UPDATE: I just googled your error code. It looks like a lot of folks have this problem when they use the newest nVidia drivers. Most of them seemed to solve the problem by using the drivers that originally came with your video card. You might want to try and reinstall the drivers that came with the card. Here is the page I found this on:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/12601-1.html