1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

computer question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Nov 6, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    How do a sychronize the clock with a 2000 workstation to a 2000 server. I've been typing in the net time \\computername/set/y syntax in dos, but I still can't get them to sychronize.

Thanks a lot guys.

p.s. I've also tried net time/s but it just brings up a list of commands.

2. I think there's a freeware program out there that does it...you define a 'time server' and you can sync others to it. Can't remember what it's called though.

Hope that helps

3. net time /y /set \\servername

RTFM ! ;)

4. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    AllodoX, I've never heard RTFM before, but does it have something to do with reading a manual? I hope it does, otherwise I've been lauging my ass off for no reason... :D

5. Indeed, but I'll leave you to decide what the F stands for all on your own :D :D

6. Read the F manual

where F, you could fill in serveral things.. for example F***ing, friendly, forkes, four-by-four etc :)

7. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Thanks for the clarification guys- I seriously laughed my ass off when I saw that because it was new material- I felt a bit stupid when I pondered the possibility that I was totally wrong, so I had to check... Later---