1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Computer speakers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Apr 5, 2009.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    So, I am sure we all love music and we are all bunch of geeks. So what speakers setup do you use with your computer?

Listening to: Cake - Long line of cars

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i have this really meaty set of klipsch 2.1's

they sound really great for 150 bucks! I A/B'd them at best buy with like 10 other sets of speakers and they blew the others out of the water.

[​IMG]

3. Creative speakers. Not sure of model numbers or anything.

Listening to Corrupted- Unfair God.

4. Line out to board/amp/studio monitors.

5. 41X45BK6EQL._SL500_AA280_.

/laptop, so no real speakers

6. [​IMG]
    M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitors

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Dude, how do you like them? I am thinking of buying that.

8. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    No music right now (I'm putting a video together), but I usually hear it through my small Roland MA7A.

117453vb.

9. At the computer, Grado SR80.

lowsound

10. Either:

KRK Rokit 6 studio monitors

or

AKG K271 MK II headphones.

I used to use a Logitech 2.1 system, which is now hooked up to my Tv/DVD set. Logitech is good stuff, but these days, I prefer a more flat response.

Andrew

11. I've been using the same old Altec Lansin 2.1 speakers for the past 8-9 years or so.

Recently hooked up my PC to my HT via an optical cable. When I really want to give some tunes a listen all I have to do is switch outputs on the audio card. It goes into a Marantz SR7002 and drives a pair of Polk RTi8's.

12. I like them a lot, anything M-Audio is OK by me.

They don't make this model anymore, apparently, but whatever they've replaced them with will be at least as good, I'm sure.

13. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I usually rock my Alessandro MS1's with my computer. I want to get either Audio Technica M50's or Beyer DT250's in the near future. Headphones FTW.

14. I only use these because I am slowly building my stereo. I have the speakers coming sometime soon, now I have to find all the other stuff. I am buying as I find deals. Don't get me wrong, I love headphones, but there is nothing like listening to music through an awesome system, which I learned this year at Christmas at my uncles. He has more invested in the CD player, than I have in both my car and motorcycle combined. I hope that someday I have something half as good as what he does.

lowsound

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Cool, I'll look into those.

Past month i went through 3 different speakers, none of them fit me. My old speakers were 10 year old 5.1 Altec Lansing system and only 1 channel worked and only half way (sub is still ok).

I replaced them with logitech z-cenima which sucked, now i am trying out ALTEC LANSING FX3022

36-113-020-10.

They are pretty good actually.

Listening to: Visbor

16. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    These are my computer speakers:

Picture005.

JBL 2-ways for nearfields and homemade 3-ways with Peavey 15's for mains.

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Delta 44 sound card is connected to this:
    sony.

which is connected to this sub:
    mk_goliathII-01.

and these satellites:
    koss_m80-02.

Tina Dico's "Give In" is playing currently

18. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    My main music PC is hooked up to my Rotel amp, JBL Studio 26 monitors and a Mission 10" sub (you can about just see this at the bottom right of this pic).

[​IMG]

I just bought a Logitech 2.1 sub and two satellites setup for my other PC. They sound okay, but they're definitely computer speakers and not hi-fi speakers.

Listening to "Little Shop of Horrors" as I have a four night run of this show coming up soon.

19. Is that a decent receiver? I am looking at old stuff on the cheap and I want something that is halfway decent.

lowsound

20. I'm using the KRK Rockit 5's, great monitors, good speakers - could use a little more power for movies/TV, but for music they're fantastic.
    [​IMG][​IMG]