1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

concentric knobs

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by azureblue, Feb 20, 2014.

  1. Does anyone know where to get concentric knobs that are numbered on the side? That is, so you can look down while playing and see where the knobs are set? Barrel knobs preferred.... Thanks
  2. Lownote38


    Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I can only find plastic ones that have numbers on them. Gibson style, and Fender Strat style.
  3. Clark Dark

    Clark Dark

    Mar 3, 2005
    John East has them for his pre's.
  4. Pilgrim

    Pilgrim Supporting Member

    Or put one drop of white-out on each knob for a visual referent.
  5. I thought about these types, particularity the Gibsons, but couldn't find them in concentric - do you have a source?

    I also tried to track down barrel types that were smooth, so I could mark them, but all I could find were knurled. I have knurled ones already..
  6. Lownote38


    Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    No source. The plastic ones were for split shaft pots. I haven't seen any that were for solid shaft pots.
  7. Thanks I didn't find any either. I found some knurled ones with a slot cut in the edge of them to use as a marker. That is OK as long as the mark can be seen. Which is why I wanted a numbered knob.. I may have to get creative and drill holes in the side to use as markers..
  8. Lownote38


    Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I think you can get wooden knobs that would do the trick. I've seen them locally here in Nashville, where the knob is rosewood, and has a line inset into the knob that's made out of maple. They look pretty classy.
  9. Thanks - that could be pretty on my white bass. I just found a thread here on Sadowsky knobs, too.