Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Concerned about hypothetical rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lpbassics, Nov 6, 2002.

1. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    Okay, heres the hypothetical rig.

1 Alembic FX-1
    1 QSC PLX 3002
    2 Aguilar 410's

Now, the FX-1 has 1 fullrange output and 2 crossover outputs I believe. If my goal was to send the same signal to each channel in the QSC and therefore, each aggie, would I need to split the signal coming out of the FX-1(and what with)? Would I have to use the crossover outputs? I'm not to knowledgable in rack rigs, so any help is appreciated!

thx,
    lp

2. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    I, too, have the Alembic F1-X. When I want to drive two cabinets with the same sonic info, I simply bridge the power amp and feed the power amp with the mono output. The F1-X also has a built-in crossover so you can send highs/lows through the two channels of your amp. I'm not a big fan of bi-ampig, however, and simply run full range. It sounds like you'll have a great sounding rig. Just make sure that the power amp can run bridged mono at an impedance low enough to cover the two cabs you have in mind.

3. If your cabs are 8ohms each, run the amp in bridged mode and daisy chain the cabs. If the cabs are 4ohms you're still covered. The PLX 3002 will run in parallel mode which supplies each channel from a single source input and you can run one cab from each channel.

4. my power amp has a parallel switch as well as stereo and bridge. so even if i use one input to the power amp both channels get the signal... i guess its jsut the same as splitting your output of ur pre amp, but its heaps easier

5. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    ok!
    thx a lot you guys.
    lp