Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Concerning Dano 'DC reissue' (and/or yellow DC basses)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassment zombie, Mar 18, 2003.

1. There aren't any 'reissue' DC basses listed on the Danelectro site...nor is yellow an available finish for the DC basses...anyone have any idea if these are now out of production - and/or where else to find them? Furthermore, are there any differences tonally or playability-wise between the DCs and this evidently reissue DC....?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2516913676&category=4713

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I'd assume that he's intimating that this is a late model DC, (as opposed to the early to mid 60's ones)... I don't know if yellow is available anymore, but I have played one exactly like that... Actually a great bass... Plenty of low dollar mojo! :)

-robert

3. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    nice thud staff ;)

I like it.. alot!

hmm ive played a regular Dc bass.. it was sparkle limo black i think.. what a nice bass.. and what a cheap price.. ill prolly get one someday.. first though i gotta get me a new jazz or P this fall ..=D
    I gotta have some new tones for the next Foxy Grandpas cd... that im gonna start on in december!

4. Gosh I'd love to have that yellow one...just can't afford to snatch one at this time...are these yellow DCs difficult to find (according to the Dano website, there are only 4 colors currently available - black, red, sparkle/grey, sparkle/black)?

Any suggestions?

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yup, that's the reissue. I own a black one. Great bass for the money. Don't believe they're being made anymore.

6. punk in drublic

punk in drublic

Sep 18, 2002
    Yeah they aint being made anymore, which is cool cos i got one just in time (in sparkle finish). Its the exact same as Fat Mikes in thie pic. Great value bass in my opinion.

http://nofx.org/photos/warjournal/Bass.jpg