Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Concerning SARS

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HongKongPhooey, Apr 27, 2003.

1. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey

Nov 2, 2002
    Just to ease you all a little bit, don't be too worried about SARS. It is about the same as the West Nile Virus from last year, except this is a mutated form of influenza.

In the 30's there was a form of influenza that killed about 2 million people worldwide. In the 60's there was one too. Every 30 or 40 years a form of the cold virus mutates into something different and kills some people before dying out.

My point is: SARS isn't the kind of thing that will destroy the world, or even come close. It also won't be as devistating as the Black Plague. The only way you can die from it is if you don't get treatment (just go to the doctor and get medicine like you normally do when you get a cold), or if you have a weak immune system.

2. But people are dying... in their hundreds.. "oh yeah i'm cool.. i wont catch it...... :rolleyes:

Merls

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    dude, no matter what you say, if there is a disease killing manny people around the world...there is nothing you can say or do that will stop them from worrying...

unless of course u found a cure

bp13

4. dark_fang

dark_fang

Apr 26, 2003
    the ultimate cure is called DEATH... :eek: :meh: :rolleyes:

:D peace out!

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    See my sig below for my comments on this.

brad cook

6. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    I Ain't Skeered... lol ... actually, I'm not. There are only about a billion things that a person could worry about dying from on a daily basis, if one were so inclined.

7. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    can you name some for us?:D

bp13

8. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Baaaah!!!

Overhyped. The media is having a field day with this one. Based on stats so far, I'm more worried about falling pianos.

9. Oh....GOD! You all work for the plague mongering US Government, don't you!

10. ah yes... very true

11. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    getting hit by a car, getting hit by a bus, getting hit by a motorcycle, getting shot, getting stabbed, getting kicked in the family jewels, getting mauled by a pit bull, being struck by lightning, being sucked up by a tornado, having a heart attack, the talkbass server going down....

12. DON'T EVEN KID AROUND ABOUT THAT! :bawl:

Mike :D

13. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    or a string breaking....

or blowing out an amp

bp13