Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Concerning the locking of the free web hosting thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jaco_Goatse, Dec 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This thread:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110545

It wasn't intended as spam, just a good find on free web hosting. Lock this one down too if you must!

[edited MY harshness to odie]

2. It doesn't matter if you do or don't work for the company. It IS still advertising. If people want it they probably have seen the thread by now. They can email you. Also by making a topic and telling a mod he's wrong, you'll just make the whole dog house angry ^^.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    read the rules

:)

4. [​IMG]

I agree, but I take offense at odie for calling me a spammer when that is not the case. Plus people 'advertise' links to bass sites and such all the time, it's not that big of a deal.

Just pointing out the truth here.

5. Thanks, I already have. And didn't receive any response privately. I'll just contact administration.

6. *Looks at web adress and title of site* Hmm, looks like a bass site to me....

7. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I take no pleasure or gratification in mentioning that questioning a moderator in public is a cardinal TB sin that's clearly indicated in the rules. It's simply a fact and a rule you have to abide by. It's also important to know that Talk Bass is a privately owned site, so the rules of free speech don't apply here, regardless of intention, spam or no spam.

8. :D See Off Topic...

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    obviously, he/she didn't read the rules

:)

10. See rules..

. Not posting sites that are bass related is non-sense because this is a bass related site. NO WHERE in the rules does it make an exception for a single forum I.E. "Off Topic". If this bothers you that much, take it up with Paul :)

I mean, are you going to go and a Anime site etc, and not post links to sites that sell or contain anime ? You won't go on a anime site going and posting about bass now would you ? Pretty much the same principl if they have the same foundation of rules.

11. *obligatory in before close post* :rolleyes: :p

12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Lemme tell you a little secret my friend--

Any mod that sees this--including those from other forums--is now going to put you on their $h!t list. I (as a former mod) would advise deleting this thread before you get yourself in any deeper.

What's done is done, and it's not going to change. You were called a spammer because what you did is SPAM. Delete it.

13. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Besides. . .what is someone with a name like "Jaco Goatse" but a troll, anyway?

(for those that don't know, you don't want to)

14. Well, let the hate fest begin, whatever.

15. :smug:

16. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.

I'm stumped. Can someone fill a brotha in?:p

17. You really, really do not want to know.
    Trust me, I've been scarred for life because of it.

18. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Jaco, dude - if you had simply posted something like "hey, check this out - I've tried it, and it seems OK. Link:..." there probably wouldn't have been a issue. Instead, you posted a long thread that read like ad copy. What are we to think? Looks like spam, smells like spam...

And questioning a mod's decision like this is beaucoup uncool.

19. Oh yeah Jaco, come on up to Setup with that attitude and we'll have us a little talk. Or rather, I'll have a little something to say and you'll have a little listening to do.:mad:

Your best bet now my spamming friend, is to publicly apologize to the Odie and the other mods of this forum and retire from the fight gracefully. ;)

20. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Striaght from the forum rules....

If you have a disagreement with a moderator (If your thread gets deleted, if you get a warning, etc.), DO NOT take it out on the moderator. Do not even think about publicly complaining about a moderators actions. If you have a problem with a moderator's decisions, email the administration.

So this thread should not exist, should it!? :meh: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.