1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Concert/Music DVD's : Must Have's

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by havik180, Apr 18, 2006.

1. havik180

havik180

Oct 9, 2005
    SF bay area
    I've been wanting to get some concert or music DVD's but am not sure which one's are worth it.Been thinkin' of the Cream reunion , Bass Day '98 , Animals Should Not...(Primus), and maybe Rush. What do you recommend ? Some bands of interest are , Primus, RHCP, Rage , System of a Down ,Jamiroquai , Clash , Misfits , Doors , Alice in Chains etc. , but lookin for some bands that are "groove heavy" esp. some funk infused jazzy stuff ! I am open to almost anything !

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Alice in Chains Unplugged is a personal favorite, just finished watching it actually.

Metallica's S&M is very interesting if you're into that at all.

But I personally recommend Standing in the Shadows of Motown. Very interesting documentary with plenty of great music.

4. brian setzer live in japan is a fantastic dvd.

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Screaming Headless Torsos 2-DVD set.
    Disc 1 is Live in NYC, Disc 2 is Live In Paris.

www.torsos.com

6. joni mitchell's shadows and light was a pretty cool concert DVD, it had a pretty allstar jazz cast on stage...very cool

7. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    The Who- Live at the Isle of Wight

8. hagb1309

hagb1309

Apr 6, 2006
    Temecula Ca
    Rush R30 rocks well produced

9. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Gentle Giant - Giant on the Box. It may be old footage, but everytime I watch that DVD, I'm left picking my jaw off of the floor. Every musician I've played it for has had the same experience. Of course, I'm a long time fan of the band, so that may have something to do with that also. Heh heh... :bag:

10. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Peter Gabriel's "Secret World" live. Tony Levin on fretted and fretless basses, NS electric upright and Chapman Stick.

'nuff said.

Oh yeah, check out the "funk fingers!"

:cool:

11. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Herbie Hancock - Future 2 Future

12. Rage Against The Machine - Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium

Still my favorite live dvd to date, if you're into them.

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Allman Bros. Band - Live at the Beacon

14. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    might not be your style but you did say 'groove heavy'....
    I'd recommend the Phish IT dvd.

15. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I just got the new Black Crowes DVD and popped it in for the first couple of tracks tonight.....my head exploded! They did an amazing job of capturing the vibe that I've experienced at every Crowes show I've attended over the past 16 years. Here's hoping that the acoustic performances that the Robinsons are doing this spring will also be released on DVD. Other than than...Blind Melon at the Metro, Zep DVD, just about any of the Who DVDs, etc.