Concert report::: Less Than Jake, Big Wig, Teen Idols

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Apr 3, 2003.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Just got in from the House of Blues in New Orleans, 2nd date of this tour. Great show.

Punchline: didn't see too much of 'em...was taking merch to the car and arrived a little late.

Teen Idols: great as always. One of the best at catchy, 3-chord songs. Joined onstage by Roger from LTJ several times. Very entertaining.

Big Wig: first major exposure I've had to them. I'll be looking for CDs tomorrow! Liked thier sound alot, and the cover of the "Cheers" theme as well as Fugazi's "Waiting Room" were excellent. Although the singer looks like a guy I constantly fought with in 10th grade. Bad memories resurfacing...

LTJ: not the best show I've seen them do, but excellent, nonetheless. The set seemed shorter than usual, though. It was good to hear "Al's War" live for the first time in several years. The new album will be excellent. "Plastic Cup Politics" is already one of my favorite LTJ songs, and it's not even released yet.

If you get to go see this tour, by all means DO IT! WELL worth the $15. You WILL be entertained.
  2. Yup, I saw them at the Leeds 2002 festival, they were amazing, and I got tickets to see them here in Liverpool, with the Pietasters and ALLISTER(!) in support...should be very good indeed.