1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Concerto Di Bravura

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by ClassicalBass, Apr 23, 2006.

1. I just recieved the music for Bottesini's Concerto Di Bravura two days ago. I'm wondering if anybody knows if there is any recording of it out there. I've been all over the web looking for it, but can't find anything at all. I'd appreciate the help.

2. Thanks for the link. That's a pretty good site, maybe I'll order a CD eventually. But looking at the CD list, it appears that every Bottesini work is represented except for the one I'm looking for. Maybe recordings are rare because this piece hasn't been available for so long? Lemur suggests that it's been out of print for half a century.

3. I was thinking of Capriccio di Bravura. I want to say there is another name for Concerto di Bravura but I'm not sure what it is. Bottesini's Tarantella is also not on any of Thomas Martin's cds.

4. Bump, I'd love to hear a recording to and there wasn't really an answer here.

5. kontrabass

kontrabass

Sep 29, 2004
    Quarrington's Concerto di Bravura is most excellent. One of my favorite tunes on his Bottesini Vol. 1 recording.

6. Quarrington recorded the Capriccio di Bravura not the Concerto di Bravura

7. kontrabass

kontrabass

Sep 29, 2004
    On second thought, I guess you're right.

Silly Italian..or silly me.

8. I know this is an old thread, but I've found a recording of the concerto. I've ordered mine, but it hasn't arrived yet. Does anyone out there have it yet? How is it?

Here's the link:

http://shop1.mailordercentral.com/lemurmusic/prodinfo.asp?number=R656

By the way, I'm currently working on the piece and it's pretty wild, though it's starting to come together. Hopefully my version sounds recognizable...I haven't managed to play it with a pianist, so I've yet to hear the accompaniment.

9. I'm going to have to check that out. I tried to order it a long time ago to look at but lemur sent me a Reverie instead. O well, I am wont complain.

Give me your review of the recording. I think I mite get it.

10. I actually ordered mine through cduniverse.com. (I think that's the site anyway.) I've never ordered from them, so I'm not sure how credible they are. I didn't want to post that on here, in case they try to rip people off. If it does arrive, and in good condition, I'll let you know, since they are selling it for around $16, as opposed to Lemur's $20. Hopefully it isn't a recording of some other Bottesini piece under the wrong name; I've found a few recordings of Passione Amorosa under "Concerto di Bravura: Passione Amorosa". I'll keep you informed, in any case.

11. The CD arrived earlier today. It's a fantastic recording, really. You can get it here cheaper than on lemur. Or, if you want, I can send it to you, PM me if you want. Anyway, I'm glad to finally have a recording of this great piece. It also contains a recording of the under appreciated Concerto No. 1 by Bottesini, so I'm also glad to have that.

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx...:+Works+for+Double+Bass+Vol+5+-+Concertos.htm

12. It is verr under appreciated. I have not yet heard the Concerto Di Bravura yet, (though I have heard some amazing things) I would say up to know Bottesini Concerto No. 1 in F# minor is his greatest work from what I have seen and heard.