Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

concerts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BLNDPNGWN, Mar 2, 2001.

1. BLNDPNGWN

BLNDPNGWN

Nov 28, 2000
    What was the greatest concert you have ever been to?

2. I saw Stanley Clarke a few years back. He was playing in a trio (bass, keyboard, drums). Definitely the most memorable show I've seen.

3. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    Deftones live in Toronto.

They have the best stage presence out of any band. Chino, who is my favorite singer/musician, is the best while performing.

And Chi, with his crazy ass dreds flying everywhere.

R.I.P Chi's Dreds.

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    • Harry Connick, Jr., Hollywood 96, San Francisco 95, 96, 97, 99
    • Public Enemy, San Francisco 92
    • Dr. John, Oakland 00, Oakland 98, SF 97
    • Prince and Larry Graham, San Jose 96
    • Meters, San Francisco 97

5. Zappa early 70's to early 80's (saw him over 2 dozen times- some amazing shows)

The Police- Zenyatta Mondatta tour 1980

Paul Simon- Graceland

Sonny Terry and Brownie Magee 1978 or 79, played acoustically to a club of about 100 people when the PA died. Damn that was good. So quiet you could hear every breath.

For my money now the most entertaining shows are They Might Be Giants. So nutsy and cool.

6. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    It's probably not cool to admit it, but it was just such a kick in the pants to see them: Rolling Stones, 1989, LA Colesium. With Guns -N- Roses and Living Color.

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Several concerts stand out, each for their own reasons.

Sept 1992, Orlando Citrus Bowl: Faith No More/ Metallica/ Guns n Roses:

This was Hetfields's first concert after he burned his arm in a pyro accident. He sang, but his guitar tech played the guitar for him.
    This was also Guns n Roses last big tour before they broke up. I swear Duff was drunk. Maybe they all were. Their playing was pretty ragged, but I still enjoyed them.

1997, Del Ray Beach, Fl.: Musicians' Exchange,
    Junior Wells: One of his last concerts before his death. What a privilege to see him. During the first set, Wells invited Ronnie Earle up to the stage. Earle and the band played the most wonderful, indescribably emotional rendition of Albert Collins' "If Trouble Was Money, I'd Be a Millionaire." I'll never forget that night.

1996, Sept.: Pompano Beach Amphitheater: BB King, Kenny Wayne Shepard, several other national and local blues acts.

The weather was boiling hot. The music was hotter.

Lollapaloosa, August 1992, Miami, Fl: The year of grunge. Saw Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Ministry, among others. What a thrill! But the very next night Hurricane Andrew hit South Florida, reaping havoc on everything it touched. Parts of South Florida are still recovering.

I guess I've loved almost every concert I've seen. I always leave inspired and happy. There's nothing like live music. No CD can touch it.

JO

8. The Beatles
    The Stones
    Emmylou Harris
    Maynard Ferguson
    Neville Brothers

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I hevn't been to that many concerts, but I saw Steve Vai in Stockholm, March 2000. For a Vai fan like myself, it was magic. I was high on that experience for weeks thereafter.

10. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    geeez, so many snows....

Obsession/Paul Dianno 87

Megadeth/Warlock/Sanctuary 87

Megadeth/Overkill 86

Triumph/Malmsteen 86

Stryper 85

Solitude Aeturnus 92

King Diamond 88

Zebra/Rough Cutt/Alcatrazz 86

Anthrax/Testament 87

Pat Travers 93

YES 98

Kansas 2000

Testament 2000

I could go on and on, but I won't. :D

11. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Type O Negative/Danzig
    White Zombie/Pantera
    Have tickets for Flecktones with Victor, so that will go on the list.
    Doc

12. Guns & Roses in 92
    Rolling Stones in 97
    The Hummers (local Jam band) in 00

13. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Dream Theater and Nevermore are two of the concerts that live on in my heart.

14. AC/DC

15. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    ~sigh~ No one is going to know who these guys are... some might...

but Sunny Day Real Estate puts on the best live show I've ever seen. SO much energy it's scary. Their lead guitarist was smiling the whole time, and you could just tell he loved what he was doing.

They are without a doubt the best live show, and that's over some heivyweights I've seen like the Who and DMB.

16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Rainbow/Riot/Scorpions 1982
    Motorhead/Mercyful Fate/Exciter 1983 or 1984
    Iron Maiden/Fastway/Coney Hatch 1984
    Ozzy/Motley Crue 1984
    Metal Church 1985
    King Diamond/Armored Saint 1988(was on Halloween,half the audience was dressed like King)

17. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    A couple good friends love Sunny Day Real Estate. Check out their band, http://www.mysunnydisposition.com.

You can hear their influence in their music.

18. BLNDPNGWN

BLNDPNGWN

Nov 28, 2000
    Dude, there is nothing wrong with seeing the Rolling Stones. They're one of the greatest Rock bands ever! And Guns-N-Roses, I would kill to see them! I'm going to see ACDC in April and I'm already freakin out!

19. well if i am in the mood to watch a stage show as well as a band my choice would have to be Alice Cooper

20. Joe R

Joe R

Nov 4, 2000
    Wenatchee WA. USA
    KISS Alive 96 reunion tour, i waited 21 years to see Ace Gene Paul & Peter in all there makeup and Fireworks.