Concrete Floor

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve S, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    We gigged at an outdoor party this Saturday and had to set up in the garage. The sound for the bass was not very bottom heavy and I played through a 15 and a 210. What's the best way to set up with thad kind of a floor?
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

It could be fun to push your stack back and use the entire garage as a bass enclosure :D (especially putting it diagonally in back corner).

Not having seen the actual situation, I can't really say much except try it in various places. Deflecting your sound off of concrete is never fun. I've put a rug under my rig but it was really there to keep my pedals from traveling on the concrete.
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    kinda thinking out loud, but,

i would think a concrete floor would mute the lower tones and just be really reflective. take it off the casters and put both cabs on the floor. the 2x10 might add a little more bass response with it on the floor.
  4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    When I play on a concrete floor I boost the low mids, it sounds like a little too much by itself, but to me it sounds really nice and punchy once the guitars and drums get going.
  5. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Thanks for the suggestions for speaker placement.