1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Concrete Floor

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve S, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    We gigged at an outdoor party this Saturday and had to set up in the garage. The sound for the bass was not very bottom heavy and I played through a 15 and a 210. What's the best way to set up with thad kind of a floor?

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

It could be fun to push your stack back and use the entire garage as a bass enclosure :D (especially putting it diagonally in back corner).

Not having seen the actual situation, I can't really say much except try it in various places. Deflecting your sound off of concrete is never fun. I've put a rug under my rig but it was really there to keep my pedals from traveling on the concrete.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    kinda thinking out loud, but,

i would think a concrete floor would mute the lower tones and just be really reflective. take it off the casters and put both cabs on the floor. the 2x10 might add a little more bass response with it on the floor.

4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    When I play on a concrete floor I boost the low mids, it sounds like a little too much by itself, but to me it sounds really nice and punchy once the guitars and drums get going.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Thanks for the suggestions for speaker placement.