Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Carlos1004, Nov 13, 2001.

  1. There has been quite a number of mentions of a power conditioner of late .I have just purchased a Hartke 3500 and 4x10 and i heard that i should consider getting a power conditioner to protect,as we play in a lot of different types of venue,but i dont really know much about them.
    Any views/info greatly appreciated.
  2. lo-end


    Jun 15, 2001
    alls I know is that Furman makes them, and they are between $50 and $200. I like the PL-plus one because it has lights and a little light meter to show you what the voltage is. its pretty cool, and I think it costs about $150.

    They have about 8 outlets on the back to plug your rack stuff into, and little swiveling pull-out lights that you can point down at your components to see them in the dark.
  3. BFunk

    BFunk Supporting Member

    The only true power conditioner is the Furman AR-1215. This is a true voltage regulator. It weighs 12 lbs and cost $400. Any of the other stuff is just an overgrown surge protector with lights. I use a Sampson PS-9 power distributor that I like very much, but it too is just a fancy surge protector. Get a "power conditioner" if you want fancy lights, otherwise save your money and buy a good "TrippLite" type surge protector.
  4. Hategear

    Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

    Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Wet hair. Lather, rinse, repeat. Apply conditioner as necessary.

    What? :D