Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Condolence Gift?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ApeIsHigh81, Oct 9, 2004.

1. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    My aunt's (dad's brother's wife) little brother died about 2-3 months ago when someone ran a stop sign and hit him while he was riding his motorcycle. I didn't attend the wake or funeral, my personal reason list is too long to explain. I haven't seen her yet since it happened, so I want to get her something personalized with his name or something of the like...just to show I did a little extra to show my condolence. I understand my sincerity in words will be enough when I see her, I just thought it would be a nice gesture since I feel really bad about not attending. Any ideas?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    if you have a pic of him a nicely framed one is always cool. One of her and him is pretty good too. You've obviously been doing some reading, maybe a good book on dealing with grief. If her and the hub have young kids maybe you can offer to sit so they can get out for a night (bet they havent since).

3. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    The framed picture is a good idea, thanks. The only problem is to get one I would have to ask my uncle and he would probably have to get one from her.