1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Condolence Gift?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ApeIsHigh81, Oct 9, 2004.

1. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    My aunt's (dad's brother's wife) little brother died about 2-3 months ago when someone ran a stop sign and hit him while he was riding his motorcycle. I didn't attend the wake or funeral, my personal reason list is too long to explain. I haven't seen her yet since it happened, so I want to get her something personalized with his name or something of the like...just to show I did a little extra to show my condolence. I understand my sincerity in words will be enough when I see her, I just thought it would be a nice gesture since I feel really bad about not attending. Any ideas?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    if you have a pic of him a nicely framed one is always cool. One of her and him is pretty good too. You've obviously been doing some reading, maybe a good book on dealing with grief. If her and the hub have young kids maybe you can offer to sit so they can get out for a night (bet they havent since).

3. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    The framed picture is a good idea, thanks. The only problem is to get one I would have to ask my uncle and he would probably have to get one from her.