Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by White_rabbit, Jan 13, 2005.

1. White_rabbit

Jan 3, 2005
    May be a stupid question... but I'll risk :help:

How do I connect an SVT350H ;SVT410HLF;Behringer composer pro-xl MDX2600; and a Alto D.I.4 to work properly?

I'm having some troubles with getting all wired :oops:

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    There are no stupid questions...each question gives us all a chance to learn something new! :hyper:

I presume that you know how to connect the speaker cabinet to the amp...

You can run the Behringer in the effects loop of the head (effects send to the Behringer's input, the Behringer's output to the effects return). I suppose that you could run an instrument cable from the preamp output of the head to the DI. If you plug into the poweramp input of the Ampeg, you'll disconnect the preamp.

Does the Alto DI4 sound better than using the DI output of the Ampeg head? I have no experience running direct.

The only thing to worry about when running the preamp output to the DI is whether it can handle a line level input signal (+4 dBU vs. -20 dBU).

Another way, if you didn't want an effected signal to go to the DI would be to run the DI off of the effects send and then connect the Behringer in the preamp output (to Behringer input) and poweramp input (from Behringer's output) jacks...assuming of course that the Behringer can handle line level signals as well.

Clear as mud? :D
  3. blab

Sep 27, 2010
    Zagreb, Croatia

I'm using a Fender Bassman 135 head and I would like to connect Behringer Composer MDX2100 to it. How would I do that since the Bassman doesn't have an effects loop?

Do I just plug the cable from the bass guitar to Behringer's unbalanced input, and connect Behringer's unbalanced output to Bassman's input?

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Yep...the old school way!

Wow, reviving a 5+ year old thread!