1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Conficker.C

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Gress, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Conficker.C

Discuss.

And keep the MAC>WIN at bay.

2. crayzee

crayzee

Feb 12, 2009
    Mississauga, ON
  3. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    I have no idea what you speak of. Therefore, MAC>WIN. I don't remember the rest, but your mother's a whore.

4. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    My major gripe with Mac, is that it's run by Apple. OSX was supposed to be a new era of compatibility for Mac but my ex got a new iPod and it wouldn't run on her macbook which was only a couple of years old. How often do they want you to buy one of their machines? And what's with all the hidden charges like video codecs for quicktime? I'll use Linux, thanks.

5. I'm not to worried. In the Q&A they mentioned Mydoom and BOY do I remember that. Totally muffed my old compaq.

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Not worried either. I updated windows tonight to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that if somethings going to happen, it won't happen tonight. Why would they do something while the heat is so built up? But I started this thread to discuss not just what might happen, but the whole situation.

Regardless, I still need to get an anti-virus. Preferably one that is free, or cheap, yet it works good.

Fixed it for you.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm not worried with my dell at the office, avast was run today and updates are like twice daily.. i'll run the other stuff on it tomorrow because i take my macbook with me to work and i can use it while i check up on my dell (which has been great because it has xp pro)

:D

8. I really hope it just makes April Fools pop up on your screen, then deletes itself. I have a mac, so I am not too concerned.

lowsound

9. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    yeah im on ubuntu, so i have nothing to worry about.

10. Yep. I'm using Kubuntu.

11. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    well so good so far for me......must be an internet april fools joke....jult like the whole Y2K thing that never happend...you can come out of your bomb shelters now.

12. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    If it was real my virus magnet brother would have already found it but I'm still posting.

I'm wearing my tin foil hat though,maybe thats the reason I'm immune to everything.:eyebrow:

13. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    It's not an april's fool AFAIK, it has spread east to west as the day changed. Keep in mind that it's a worm, not a virus.

That means you can have it for months and not see a thing.

14. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    conficker destroyed my old PC a few months ago. it is alive.. and it is hungry.. and i think its based in hungry..

15. Ubuntu means I have no worries about your silly worm. ;)

16. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Do they even program worms and viruses for WIN98 any
    more?

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you're still runnin' win98????

18. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Word.

19. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

At home. Only time I use it is to log on TB. My wife has a new laptop but I never use it. By the time I get home, I am sick
    of computers.

20. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Indeed.