1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

confused by my ashdown

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thefunkelastic, Feb 29, 2008.

1. thefunkelastic

thefunkelastic

Oct 23, 2007
    I have an electric blue 115, and the manual says that the minimum impedance is 4 ohms, but how many ohms does it run at with the stock speaker? How many ohms of an extension cab can I add to it?

can someone help me out I'm really lost with this whole ohm's law deal,

thanks

-funk

2. thefunkelastic

thefunkelastic

Oct 23, 2007
    seriously? no one knows that ohmage it runs at with the stock speaker?

3. MattOfSweden

MattOfSweden Playing for time

Feb 2, 2008
    Sweden
    I don't know sorry ;)
    Probably best you shoot Ashdown an email.

However, if it says "Speaker Output - minimum impedance 4ohm" it would seem reasonable to assume that adding in a cab of at least 4ohm would be ok, right?

Good Luck / :bassist:

4. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    i think it's safe to assume that the stock speaker is 8 ohms, thus letting you add another 8 ohm speaker which ashdown likes to offer on all of their amps. a good example is the c210t or c410t- they're both combos, but you can plug in another 8 ohm cab to get the full 300W out of the rig.
    to be sure, take a look at the speaker when you can.

5. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I've asked ashdown this question before about my Electric Blue 180 bass combo.

The stock speaker is 8ohm which if i just use the combo only i will get around 100-120watt of the amp.

Now i've added a MAG210 2x10 cab to this combo and now i running two 8ohm speakers which means the rig become 4ohm so i getting full power of my rig.

Ashdown told me to get 2x10 cab because he says it will go nicely on my combo. I do think it works nicely, since my stock speaker is 1x12 so added a 2x10 will give me more mid range i guess.

6. Ken R

Ken R Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Greater Knoxville TN
    My stocker reads 6.8
    That should be considered an 8ohm for all purposes.

By putting an Ampeg vintage 4x10he under it, it sounds far, far better!

Ken R

7. only4

only4

Aug 12, 2006
    Manchester UK
    Yep definitely 8ohms in the combo, i used to use just the combo for rehersals and add another 8ohm cab to get the amps max for gigs without any problems.