Confused On New Warwick Rockbass line??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Sep 16, 2012.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Planning on picking up a Rockbass warwick streamer LX5 in the coming weeks.

I notice on the warwick website the Streamer LX5 only comes in Black although on ebay i spotted this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Warwi...ps=63&clkid=2092079986893718168&_qi=RTM687476

It looks like the older run of Rock basses but the bridge looks new? obviously it's a passive model. Could someone tell if the the above is in fact a new run of basses and the build build quality is line with the new run of Warwick Rock basses?

2. I was under the impression that the new/redesigned versions all have the "W" headstock logo, and the older/cheaper versions have the big "rockbass" logo. This one appears to be the new version (which is seriously a hot bass) but maybe a closeout color from 2011, hence the cheaper price. Maybe Warwickofficial can chime in and clear up the details (and send me schwag for all the nice things I have to say:))

3. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    There's a difference between the Streamer Standard (shown in the link) and the Streamer LX. The Standard's body is made from Carolena, while the LX is a higher quality instrument and I'm guessing the wood - Alder IIRC - doesn't lend itself to the other color finishes.

Bryan - they stopped using the "Rockbass" markings on the headstock about 4 years ago. The other way to tell the difference is the single piece bridge vs the Warwick 2 piece. All the more recent gen Rockbasses are made in China but with German hardware. They weren't happy with the first gen product and stepped up their game to make basses worthy of the W.

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media