1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Confusing and extremely diverse. Which one ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chaak, May 13, 2018.

1. chaak

chaak

Apr 25, 2013
    now here
    Hello All,

I am looking for a really good pedal to 'enhance' my synth inspired bass sounds. I already have a chorus, a phaser, a tremolo and an analog delay. What I am interested in is a reverb pedal but instead of going the conventional way with a spring reverb or an emulator of multiple reverb types, I have been looking into reverb + style effects but they are quite confusing. My question is do those do regular type reverbs ? and if you own or tried one which is your favorite and why? Thanks

Here are the culprits:

Caroline Meteore

EQD Afterneath

EQD Transmisser

Alexander Pedals Sky Fi

Walrus Audio Fathom

2. jonlimo

jonlimo

Jul 20, 2015
    Singapore
    Well i can only comment on the eqd afterneath as it's the only one on your list that i've owned..

It sure does the "confusing" part of your title well but i wouldn't call it diverse. It can do sounds from average hall reverb to crazy ambient verb/delay stuff, but it gets ugly messy when set to said crazy ambient settings + running other effects like phasers and choruses.

Pair nicely with an octave up or another delay though.

Oh and on shortest delay time, the "hall" style reverb you can get from it isn't particularly fast, meaning the smallest room size you'll achieve is still pretty large.

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    The Afterneath is great but it lacks output and completely disappears in a mix.

4. remcult

remcult Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    I just discovered this post and would love to hear more about the Meteore if anyone’s owned one

5. I look d at the fathom but decided the oceans 11 reverb has more / better features...
    fathom can do normal stuff plus a octave down / octave up type shimmer mix.. just seemed really expensive for a few normal reverbs compared to all the options the oceans 11 gives you with shimmer, delay and reverb, hall, modulated etc etc

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    *yes, I know this is an old thread...

Pssst.

Super hardy multi-verb with plenty of verb-effects.

The Atmosphere

[​IMG]

el murdoque likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021