1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Congratulations: San Antonio Spurs is 2014 NBA Champion

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bluesdogblues, Jun 15, 2014.

1. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Congrats for Spurs..great Final

2. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I love the fact that Tim Duncan, one of the greatest class acts not just in sports but anywhere, has 5 rings, while countless chest-thumping NBA blowhards have none.

The Spurs did it with ruthless efficiency. We'll never see a better display of team basketball. Go Spurs!

yodedude2 likes this.
  3. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    The Heat weren't hungry or something. Now that the NHL and NBA finals are finished, I am able to focus on the World Cup.

bluesdogblues likes this.
  4. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    Stunningly ego-less, humble, cooperative, altruistic...it was a textbook display of how The Whole Is Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts. Really gratifying to see the Spurs win that way.

5. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    I haven't watched the craptacular spectacle of what is the new NBA lite since they stopped playing man to man defense. Might as well be AND-1. I enjoyed watching women's collegiate volleyball all winter and spring. It's not trying to be "sports entertainment"!

RS likes this.
  6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    As a Miami fan, I wouldn't say they lost for lack of effort. Give credit to the Spurs, they played amazing ball those last three games. Miami's biggest problems were that Wade wore down after looking like an All-Star in the first three series, and Bosh turned passive. The role players are also, generally, too old and slow (though Ray Allen still kicks ass). They need to inject some youth into the roster.

yodedude2 likes this.
  7. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    Leonard averaged 17.8 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.2 blocks in the series, shooting 61.2 percent from the field and 57.9 percent from behind the 3-point line. In the last three games, all Spurs wins, he scored 71 points on 24-for-35 shooting while serving as the primary defender on LeBron James

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Even if you are not a Spurs fan, you have to admit they are really decent guys and Greg Poppovich is a fantastic coach.

yodedude2 likes this.
  9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Let's hear it for Aaron Baynes, WSU Cougar who won a ring with the Spurs! A genuinely nice guy who played 1:53 in the game and scored 2 points at the foul line.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I stopped watching the NBA years ago, disgruntled Sonics fan here, but I watched the postgame highlights of game five. The commentators were talking about how solid of a player Kawhi Leonard is and how he isn't a trash talking, show boating, highlight making plays type player. Then another guy mentioned how he didn't think Leonard, for those reasons, would make it as a star in the NBA. If that is true, that is very disappointing.

Hang in there Kawhi.....I'll support you.

-Mike

11. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    it was nice for the media to not focus on sterling or kobe, just for a little while

12. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    this team is so easy to root for!

13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Of course Ray Allen still kicks ass... he got game!

I heard he was wearing a Jesus Shuttleworth jersey to some games since they are planning He Got Game two, I could be wrong but I thought I read this in a real paper, not a hoax paper.

14. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Oh, he'll be an NBA star. But like Tim Duncan, he'll get passed over for a lot of endorsements in favor of the showboaters. And like Duncan, I'm sure he won't care.