1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Congratulations World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bernie Connors, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Great game!

Thoughts/opinions on the World Series Champs?

2. Oxblood

Oxblood Inactive

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Here are my thoughts... Booooooo! :p Just kidding, congrats on winning the world series all you St. Louis TBer's.

3. people still play baseball? :confused:

:p

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
  5. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Congrats Cards and fans. Would have been cool to see the Tiggers win, but the Cards fans are great.

Good to see Eckstein win MVP (and the car), boy do I miss him playing with the Angels.

edit: Jeff Weaver sounds like he sparked up a fatty in the 9th

6. PDubs

PDubs

Aug 22, 2006
    NYC
    So glad baseball is over. Its too bad that the best team(the Mets) choked when it counted.

I still have nightmares of that Wainwright curveball to end Game 7.

Why does David Eckstein have to cro-hop when he throws to first base? So annoying. Almost as annoying as Buck and McCarver. Its time for them to go.

Sincerely,
    Bitter Mets Fan

7. Quite frankly, I'm amazed.

This is the same team I saw get clowned by the White Sox something like 22 to 5 in the regular season.

8. dls59

dls59 Supporting Member

Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! The best TEAM won the World Series. :D The Mets are a very good team, though. They will be a force next year.
    The reason Eckstein "crow-hops" is that it takes everything he has to get the ball across the diamond. He doesn't exactly have a cannon. :D

Sincerely,
    Happy Cards Fan

9. :) :) :) :) :)

10. RudeMood

RudeMood Sadowsky and stuff. Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    What can I say... I think I'll go downtown and tip over some cars with the other rowdy fans...

11. RudeMood

RudeMood Sadowsky and stuff. Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Cry me a river Mets guy.

12. PDubs

PDubs

Aug 22, 2006
    NYC
    I'm looking forward to the Cardinals giving Jeff Weaver $36 million over three years, just to watch him stink it up again.

He picked a great time to look like Greg Maddux, circa 1995.

13. Oxblood

Oxblood Inactive

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    All I can say is im glad the Tigers got rid of Weaver along time ago when they did.

14. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    i hate the cards, boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

15. Radio 5 had live updates of the game every 20 minutes or so and it was REALLY frustrating because, although I'm not a baseball fan, it was like they kept cutting back to the studio JUST as something interesting was about to happen in the game! I felt like "Hey, either broadcast the game or don't!!".

Congrats to the cardinals though. The people at the stadium last night were lucky - they were the people holding tickets to the rained off game. Suddenly they found themselves with tickets to the deciding game!

16. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Just asking, are there any non US teams in these World series?

17. Oxblood

Oxblood Inactive

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Nope.

18. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    There are a few Canadian baseball teams, but I can't remember the last time either was in a world series.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    No, just the players! :D Seriously, I'm not a Cards fan, but I am a National League guy, so I'm glad they won.

20. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    No Kidding. What if the World Series pit those MLB players born in US vs. those not?