1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Conklin Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman7365, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Violen

Violen Instructor in the Vance/Rabbath Method Inactive

Apr 19, 2004
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
    Dont be afraid.

http://www.acguitar.com/media_files/articles/193/23824/classic_sit.jpg

Now heres what i do different: I sit on a pretty low stool at the computer/my bass (i use a lot of computer programs and stuff to practice.)

so i dont need the foot raiser/stool thing. i just have both feet flat on the ground and you will find that the conklin kinda just sits nicely between the legs.

Both of my wrists are a lot straighter, it doesnt hurt to play way up high. My bass pretty much sits this way when i stand up too, i play with a pretty "tight" strap.

2. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    you somehow...... made the fear worse.......

i do that occasionally i guess. the One Foot Sorta Up Leany Practice Stance. or OFSULPS as it's called in the hood.

for me the GT7 isn't much more than a toy right now. i'm not near good enough to need that range, i just got a pretty good deal on it.

MAN i'm excited about my Dingwall AB-I sixer. it's s'posed to shipping within a week i think.

huh. i rhymed. mad skeelz.

3. I've had my GT7 for a few years now and it's a great bass.

Contrary to other owners, my one does have a great sound with some super low end. Mind you, that might have something to do with the fact that it weighs 14lbs! Some super heavy ash under that maple top.

When I had my Sei made, I had the GT7 defretted and ramped. It still sounds great and I wouldn't sell it!

4. I am fairly close to getting a BDGT-7, of which I'm really looking forward. I have one fear. Although this is the GT model, I fear that one Conklin will lead to another... lol Conklin designs look amazing.

5. Violen

Violen Instructor in the Vance/Rabbath Method Inactive

Apr 19, 2004
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
    TolerancEJ, Pull the Trigger.

I have three. My next one is gonna be a conklin 9. Mebby then i'll stop. I can quit any time i want.

The conklin strings are amazing btw.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021