Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklin BD-7 questions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SantosL.Halper, Apr 16, 2001.

1. SantosL.Halper

SantosL.Halper

Sep 27, 2000
    Hello. I've been posting in other threads about a Conklin BD-7 I ordered from an online music store. They are listing it as excellent condition, on sale for $775. But, according to them, doesn't have the pre-amp and is passive only, which is kinda strange. But, for that price (and price of shipping) I figured it was at least worth a look, as I've always wanted a GT-7.

Bill Conklin e-mailed back to me that re-installing the pre-amp would not be much of a problem but finding one might be tricky, and he guessed it might run $400. Seems a little steep, but maybe he was including the pups.

To be honest, all I really want is vol., blend, and 3-band equalizer. The BD-7 comes with some kind of toggle switch that I could maybe convert to a passive/active switch.

I'm probably posting this too early as I won't get the bass until Thursday, and I think the obvious first step is checking the electronics cavity and see what's there (or not there).

Anyway, any other ideas re: pre-amp options would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll post back here with a report on it once I check it out...-SLH

2. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Maybe go with the Sadowsky Outboard for $250 or let it be installed for $350 or something.

I think that Sadowsky is the mother of all good bass sounds..

David