1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Conklin BD-7 questions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SantosL.Halper, Apr 16, 2001.

1. SantosL.Halper

SantosL.Halper

Sep 27, 2000
    Hello. I've been posting in other threads about a Conklin BD-7 I ordered from an online music store. They are listing it as excellent condition, on sale for $775. But, according to them, doesn't have the pre-amp and is passive only, which is kinda strange. But, for that price (and price of shipping) I figured it was at least worth a look, as I've always wanted a GT-7.

Bill Conklin e-mailed back to me that re-installing the pre-amp would not be much of a problem but finding one might be tricky, and he guessed it might run $400. Seems a little steep, but maybe he was including the pups.

To be honest, all I really want is vol., blend, and 3-band equalizer. The BD-7 comes with some kind of toggle switch that I could maybe convert to a passive/active switch.

I'm probably posting this too early as I won't get the bass until Thursday, and I think the obvious first step is checking the electronics cavity and see what's there (or not there).

Anyway, any other ideas re: pre-amp options would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll post back here with a report on it once I check it out...-SLH

2. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Maybe go with the Sadowsky Outboard for $250 or let it be installed for $350 or something.

I think that Sadowsky is the mother of all good bass sounds..

David