Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Conklin Blowout!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mark beem, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    ON HOLD

Conklin Sidewinder 8 string.

Solid cherry body with a spalted maple top, satin clearcoat finish, bubinga/maple neck and 24 fret macassar ebony fretboard, 35" scale, Conklin custom pickups with a Demeter 3 band preamp. There is a crack in the fretboard that occured during a particularly cold winter when the humidity got down really low. A second smaller crack is next to it. I have a ramp for this bass as well but never got around to installing it. I of course will include it with the bass. Conklin hard/soft case. (Retail $5050)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More info can be found on the Conklin website in the "Cherished Challenges" section: http://www.conklinguitars.com/cherishedmarch.html

ONE WEEK TALKBASS PRICE SPECIAL OF $2,500 PLUS SHIPPING.

U.S. and Canada buyers only. No personal checks! I accept money orders or certified bank checks ONLY!

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    That is a Killer price for anyone who may be interested in a very well made high end ERB.

3. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    The Coklin site in the "cherished challenge" section said this bass was valued at $15,000 :eek: ... Thought the $5050 listed in this ad sounds right.

Irregardless, this is a smoking deal and a great looker of a bass for those in the ERB market.

BUMP!

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Killer mofo of a bass

5. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Hey, seeing that on the website would make it easier to get a good insurance quote, I guess.

I heard/saw a Conklin (a 6'er, IIRC) being used on a gospel concert DVD, and it really caught my ear, I've been mildly curious about them ever since. 8 would be a bit much for me, but at a price like this who wouldn't be tempted to give it a try?

6. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Out to sessions but will be back later. PLease post here or PM with any questions and I'll get back to you.

Someone needs to pick this up!!

7. I'm absolutely in pain over this.

8. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    On hold pending receipt of payment.

9. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Just to add, eventhough it's not listed here, the hollow 8 string could be had for an incredible price as well!!

Hell, hit me with an offer and see what happens..

;)

10. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    SOLD!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.