Conklin Groove Tool 7

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the_faceless666, Aug 1, 2003.

1. the_faceless666

Mar 3, 2003
    Hi everyone, I'm new in here, but it seems like an awesome forum. Lots of great bass players with lots of beautiful basses...
    Right now, I play with a bass from a brand named Barracuda. I think it is Canadian, but I paid 250$Can for it, so it was my first bass. I've been playing for 2 years, and I'm part of lots of jazz band and stagebands. I'd like to know if the GT7 would suit my needs as a jazz players. I have very big hands, but I have only played 4 strings so far.
    Your opinion?
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, the gt7's are great basses. if you're interested in taking on the few added challenges that extended range instruments present compared to the standard 4, then the gt7 is a great way to start - imo no better 6 or 7 for the money.
  3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I agree with John...the GT-7's are pretty darn good for the money, especially since you can find new ones for about 600 bucks if you look around. The Bill Dicken's models are also pretty good and cost around 1500 dollars I believe. If you are at all interested I'd say go for it. Seven stringers can be a lot of fun.
  4. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I had a GT7 for a while... that was a really fun bass to play! But I found that I really didn't care much for the string spacing, a little tight for my fat fingers. But it sounded and played very nice, aside from my small complaint.