1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Conklin Groove tools 7 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flag2Flag, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    has anyone played one of these 7 strings, they look pretty sick but i dont know much aobut them.
    thanks,
    Scott

2. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Great basses!! Best value priced 7 string out there.. If you find one grab it up. They're no longer being manufactured.

3. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    SHHHHHhhh Mark...stop telling everybody....at least until I get one next month

4. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Just buy my 8 string... ;)

5. AngryJason

AngryJason

Feb 23, 2006
    Sacramento CA
    Used to own one, it was fabulous. Wish I still had it...

6. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Please buy Mark's 8 and get it out of our faces .... a man can only resist for just so long ......... ;)

The GT7's are a really nice way to get your feet wet in the 7 world. Lots of guys here have 'em, and we all have nothing but nice things to say about them .......... :cool:

7. I played one of those back when GC was carrying them.

I thought it would be kind of alien with that many strings but that wasn't what put me off at all, it was really easy to adapt.

What put me off was the neck joint, it has a really long ramped area, which by design is supposed to help the transition to the upper registher but to me it kinda just didn't feel right going from the smooth neck finish to all that sticky body finish before time.

They sound really nice, though. IIRC the 7 had different pickups than the 5s and 6s and really put the other ones to shame.