Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

conklin groove tools??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crazy_Fingers27, Dec 16, 2003.

1. howdy all,

i have been looking for a new bass, a six string (i currently play a five). i have played a conklin groove tools 5, and i loved it, but i am wondering, how come i have never seen a groove tools six??? can you not get the groove tools in a six string??

any help is appreciated, thanks

cheers, Jon

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Unfortunately, there is no Groove Tools 6. But why not go ahead and step up to the 7?:D

3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I don't think there is a GT6. You gotta go straight from five to seven.

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Again.

;)

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    somebody on the conklin artists page has a signature model GT6, but thats all it says about it.

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

This comment is just according to what I've read, not an "opinion" -

-> The sixer market, and beyond, is relatively small. Watch what Fender and what some of the majors do, and you'll see where the money is.

For instance, if you look at guitars, (NOT basses), you'll rarely see guitars with exotic woods/7 strings/radical pup designs.

These all have sound financial reasons behind them because they have accountanting/financial/ marketing departments in their offices. Examples;

- the guitar market is so huge, relative to the bass market, that the supply of available, quality, exotic woods cannot sustain a mega-producer, such as Fender, to offer/produce something like a Panamanian cocobolo Strat-design.
    A custom GUITAR luthier, typically, won't buy exotic boards unless you spec an exotic wood.

Moral, (IMO) - If they can make a market, or the market arises, they will appeal to it..........but who can afford all those strings?!?! :D :D :D