Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklin Groove tools

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Feb 14, 2006.

1. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    Hey everyone I was looking on the conklin websites looking to check out the groove tools and I couldnt find them. Are they discontinued?

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

3. damn good basses for the price

those necks are indestructable, running on 2 years without the need of even an 1/8th turn on that truss rod.

some of the lowest action on a bass that price as well

I just wish the maple cap on mine even almost looked decent. I see those quilt tops and can't believe they are the same line of bass.

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    It's rumored that Bill has another "value line" in the works.

5. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Excellent :D. I persume this means beneath the current New Century line as those are too pricey for peniless students like me.

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    One would hope though I would guess that they'll be more expensive than what the Groove Tools sold for. I have no data or evidence to substantiate this, just a gut feeling.

7. They're discontinued but you can still find them.. I absolutely love mine and nothing else in the price range comes close !!

Happy hunting!!

8. Other than a particular scjold (which is one of the most beautiful basses Ive ever seen), a gt-4 or gt-5 is what I want right now. How is the string spacing on the 5? I prefer wider spacing. Also, what scale are they?

Sorry to hijack the thread.