Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklin Groove Tools

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fretless_freak, Jun 23, 2002.

1. What do all of you think of the Conklin Groove Tool 4 strings? I am thinking of buying one, but would like some input from you guys! Any info is greatly appreciated!

2. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    they are very very nice. but you should do a search on this topic,....

3. I have one and I really like it. It feels good, and it sounds good. I don't think you can beat it for the money!

Lisa

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I tried one out in a local music store once and was very impressed.

5. All I can say is that i love mine. More than anything else its playability is where it shines. The tone on it is also extremely flexible. A very, very good bass for the price. Only the Lakland skyline comes close.

6. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    They are nice basses. Just wanted to add that I spent a good deal of time with the GT-7, and while it's a great playing and sounding bass, I prefer the Cirrus 6 by far. If you like the GT series, you might want to check out a Cirrus. Only reason I say that is I found they both compare favorably with one another in regard to sound, craftsmanship, and playability. Good luck! :)

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If you're really interested in how they sound, Bill Dickens uses one for half of his new instructional videos, the first vid "Funk Bass and Beyond" in particular (uses 7's and 6's the rest of the time).

8. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    i love my gt-7... theres a thread about it :cool:

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i've said this many times - the gt 7's compare very favorably with my custom jobbies, at a lot cheaper price.

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I know a guy who plays a GT4. Preety impressive. Hard to believe it's an import.