1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Conklin GT-5 pickup/preamp question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Eric Perry, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Hi all, I play a Conklin GT-5 that came with the Bartolini MK-1 pickups, and an unknown preamp (It's used on the Cort Curbow). I am thinkin' of upgrading all pickups and electronics cause I lvoe the bass, just not too big on the sound. Any advice for pickups and a preamp. I was thinkin' EMG pickups and an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. If anyone out there has the same bass and did any upgrade work, I'd appreciate a response. Thanks.

2. I hear the Sadowsky preamp is quote: THE **** :unquote

:D

3. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I have a GT-7 that has top-shelf Bartolini pickups, but I am not sure of the actual preamp... I think the sound is amazing as is... OTOH, you could probably do well with an OPB-3 and some EMG's.... That preamp is supposed to be really nice... There are a lot of other companies you could look at for pickups as well, Bartolin, Basslines, etc...

P@

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I believe the pre amps on the GT's are some fairly cheap mighty mite's. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what they are. Just for everyone's info that's all...