Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklin GT-5 Pics!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Well I finally got a digital camera so I decided to take some pics of my Conklin. Although it may not be much compared to some of the basses I see here, Its still my baby and I love it, so here they are:

2. And another

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's one of the better tops i've seen on a groove tools bass - that's very nice.

4. Yet another

5. Sorry about quality, Im new to this digital photo buisness so I dont know how to take that great of pics, but im getting better. And yet heres another

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Great bass! Nice flame, that's definitely a looker.
    I am really impressed with the GT's, they are well-built and a joy to play. If I ever spot a deal on a fretless 5, I'll grab it.
    So nice. You got a good one there for sure!

If I keep commissioning customs, I know each one will have some features inspired from the GT series. There's a lot to like about these basses.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Conklin GT5 i like. Conklin GT5 Fretless something i could use :D time to add to the GAS list. Great looking bass how do you like the pre on it? I've been using 3 bands ever since i made the jump to active 5s from passive 4s. Thats all

8. Thanks guys, I got this bass for quite the deal, $485 used From the Musician Superstore over here. And later I found out that It belonged to Rackety, a member here on the boards. Ill post some better pics once I get the hang of how this camera works. Peace.

9. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I had a GT-4. The laminated pieces started to crack at the headstock, had to sell it. Tha tis a prety top on yours tough.

10. Bump (sorry I want this to be seen!!!)

11. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Nice bass..! :D

I've just won one pretty much the same in an Ebay auction, and one of the first things I want to do to it when I get it is replace the pickups with something a little meatier... some Barts or something. Could you possibly tell me if the pickups are a standard size (say, EMG40DC size)? Or could anyone else possibly let me know?

Russ :bassist:

12. rackety

rackety

Mar 16, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Glad to see it went to a loving home! It's definitely a nice one. Enjoy it.

XO-Bionic , I was planning on making that change before I sold the bass. I was told that Barts would fit but don't have details on the model. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can help here. The Conklin folks were quite helpful when I had questions. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

13. I have no clue what size the P/U's are, but yea it would be nice to throw a pair of barts on it, if only I had any money.

14. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Hiya,
    Is there any chance you could get me some measurements, so I could see? It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get the bass anyway, so I've got plenty of time to look into it...

Russ :bassist: