Conklin GT-5 Pics!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Well I finally got a digital camera so I decided to take some pics of my Conklin. Although it may not be much compared to some of the basses I see here, Its still my baby and I love it, so here they are:
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's one of the better tops i've seen on a groove tools bass - that's very nice.
  3. Sorry about quality, Im new to this digital photo buisness so I dont know how to take that great of pics, but im getting better. And yet heres another
  4. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Great bass! Nice flame, that's definitely a looker.
    I am really impressed with the GT's, they are well-built and a joy to play. If I ever spot a deal on a fretless 5, I'll grab it.
    So nice. You got a good one there for sure!

If I keep commissioning customs, I know each one will have some features inspired from the GT series. There's a lot to like about these basses.
  5. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Conklin GT5 i like. Conklin GT5 Fretless something i could use :D time to add to the GAS list. Great looking bass how do you like the pre on it? I've been using 3 bands ever since i made the jump to active 5s from passive 4s. Thats all
  6. Thanks guys, I got this bass for quite the deal, $485 used From the Musician Superstore over here. And later I found out that It belonged to Rackety, a member here on the boards. Ill post some better pics once I get the hang of how this camera works. Peace.
  7. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I had a GT-4. The laminated pieces started to crack at the headstock, had to sell it. Tha tis a prety top on yours tough.
  8. Bump (sorry I want this to be seen!!!)
  9. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Nice bass..! :D

I've just won one pretty much the same in an Ebay auction, and one of the first things I want to do to it when I get it is replace the pickups with something a little meatier... some Barts or something. Could you possibly tell me if the pickups are a standard size (say, EMG40DC size)? Or could anyone else possibly let me know?

Russ :bassist:
  10. rackety

Mar 16, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Glad to see it went to a loving home! It's definitely a nice one. Enjoy it.

XO-Bionic , I was planning on making that change before I sold the bass. I was told that Barts would fit but don't have details on the model. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can help here. The Conklin folks were quite helpful when I had questions. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.
  11. I have no clue what size the P/U's are, but yea it would be nice to throw a pair of barts on it, if only I had any money.
  12. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Is there any chance you could get me some measurements, so I could see? It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get the bass anyway, so I've got plenty of time to look into it...

Russ :bassist: