1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Conklin GT-7 feeler FT/FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch. Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I recently got this in a trade from a fellow TB'er (like a month ago). Great bass, but I just don't think I'm quite man enough to hang with the ERB crowd. I've discoverd through much soul searching and just a super uncomfortable couple of sets with it, that I'm a 4 banger or 5er guy. Anything more than that for me is over my head:crying:

Conklin GT-7. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zachbass02/album?.dir=/8848 Best entry level 7 string bang for the buck. This is the one of the Conklin production models. This things are built like tanks. Extended top horn for superb balance when strapped on. Recessed lower horn for access to all 24 frets. 2 band EQ works great for dialing in some great tones. 2 MK Bartolini soapbar pickups. The tone of this bass is awesome. I've managed to get everything from a huge upright jazzy tone to the back pickup jacoish bark. Great all around bass. Swamp ash body with a quilt maple top. 5 piece Wenge/Purple heart neck with a Purple Heart fret board. The fretboard has oxidized to brownish color and isn't as purple as the stringers in the neck. Black hardware. Neautric locking jack. Dunlop straplocks are installed to keep the bass securely in place while playing. Overall, the bass is a good 8/10. Has some player wear but nothing major or that affects playability. The nut could use some shimming to eliminate some slight string rattle if you like the action as low as I do. I like my strings under the frets if possible.

Trade wise I am only looking for 4s but preferably 5s. Would like something Fender based, Deluxe 5, Jazz or P, Anything Lakland 4 or 5, Stingrays always welcome too. Run what ya got past me, I might be interested. Outright sale price is $900.

2. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    PM sent

3. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    PM replied to

4. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    wish you had advertised this one day earlier. I just bought one for $50 more on ebay.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Want a gt4? :D

6. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I think I'm gonna pass on the GT-4........really looking for the "Fender-style" basses 4s or 5s.....

7. BR Audio

BR Audio Guest

Apr 13, 2006
    so.. is it still avaiable??
    what about pics??\
    thanks
    Gil

8. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
  9. zachbass02