Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklin GT-7/GTBD-7 question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crazybassplyr, Dec 10, 2004.

1. So I am considering getting one of these two basses. The GT-7 looks better over all IMO, but the GTBD-7 is neck through and has better electronics, but i don't like the gold hardware.
    My question is can I order a GTBD with black hardware and pup covers without Mr. Dickens name on them without adding alot of cash to the price, or would it be easier and cheaper to just do it myself.
    I know this is really just about aesthetics, but I figure if i am going to spend this much on a bass (its alot to me) I might as well get the bass that looks how I want it to.
    Thanks for your help guys.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    No, you can't change those things... The only thing you can determine is if you want a red one or a clear one.. But, you can always change out the hardware, etc.. when it's yours..

3. Will I have to order the hardware from conklin, or do they use another manufacturer for that stuff, i.e. badass bridge, gotoh tuners, etc.?

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Done whine about the looks of a bass. If you don't like gold hardware, you shouldn't rule out a bass. I don't think the shine of gold hardware will effect the tone you get.

5. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    No, you won't have to special order the hardware from Conklin.

6. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Here's a nice customized BD-7 (Jared Morante's I think.. :meh: )

[​IMG]

More pics here

7. :rollno: who is whining? I asked a simple question, thats all. Feel free to do what ever you want with your money pal, and I will do the same.

8. Thanks Mark.
    Please excuse my "whining".

9. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    ;)

Glad to help!!

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Sorry about that. I didn't mean whining in the sense of being annoying. You're a cool dude. I just chose the wrong word. I meant being picky. Sorry