1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Conklin GT-7,Low F# ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by munch62, Aug 1, 2004.

1. munch62

munch62

Jul 15, 2004
    Ohio
    I,m considering changing my GT-7,s tuning from
    B to F to F# to C.Will stock Bartolini's handle
    the low F#?If so does anyone know who makes
    a good F# string?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. If you go to the strings forum and do a search you will most likely find a website you can go to to order one.

3. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    My BD-7 uses low F# and sounds pretty OK. (I really don't have the best rig for this type of application)

4. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    I'm using that configuration, I used a 150' so far and it sounded a bit unclear at open F#, but I blame mostly the string for that, since the gauge is too thin to get good string tension and playability at that tuning, I should receive a couple of SIT 165' strings soon and I'll let you know if it improves the sound, but I believe choosing a correct sub for your rig is far more important, I don't recall pickups needing to be specially voiced for using an F#, maybe Beemer or Jauqo could chime in and clear that?

edit: for ordering them try conklin, ultra fast to handle my request until now.

5. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Yeah, I had my old GT-7 strung F# to C and the stock pups handles it just fine....

I also agree with oversoul about the SIT string...