Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Conklin GT-7

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Silverstar, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Hi folks !

I'm currently thinking of selling my 7-string and my 4-string to get a fretted wine red Conklin GT-7.
    So my question is, is a Conklin GT-7 a nice bass ? And what about slapping issues, I know that they have a quite tight spacing.
    Hope you can help me :)

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Do a search here in Basses. There have been numerous threads about the GT7

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, silverstar, they have a fairly average to wide spacing, imo. definitely not that tight - not as tight as my custom conklins. should be no problem to slap on, as long as your technique is good and clean. ;).

and yeah, they are very nice, quite a bargain for the money

4. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    yoda voice on:
    yoda voice off: A little off topic but everytime I read a reply by JT now I keep hearing yodas voice in my head as I read it. Must be the avatar:D :p .

5. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
  6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I don't own a GT-7.. however I was able to play one awhile back.. and I will say that while I wasn't playing exactly solid on the 7-string beast, it wasn't that hard to play... slapping wasn't to bad on it either.. but will you be slapping on a fretless bass???

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    for it's quality and price it would be the best first for anyone venturing into the world of the seven string.and as far as string spacing its not to tight and its not to wide.for me a very comfortable bass.it would seriously be worth checking out.